I’ve found that most people fall into one of two holiday gift-giving camps—either you’ve had the perfect gifts for everyone on your list since mid-October or it’s a week before Christmas and you’re still scrambling to find that special something. While the latter occasionally applies to me, I hate feeling like I’m rushing to get my holiday shopping done.
So in the hopes of making everyone’s holiday a little bit easier, here are eight easy DIY projects to consider for any last minute gifting situations that may arise.
- Infused Vodka — Maybe it’s just me, but in the last few years I’ve learned that a nice bottle of wine or liquor can be a great present for that hard-to-shop-for friend. Take that mentality one step further and infuse their favorite vodka with fruit or spices.
- Photo Coasters — These DIY photo coasters are perfect for your friend who just moved into a swanky new pad. Use photos from a trip the two of you took or showcase some of their favorite things.
- Typography Coasters — Struggling to find something for your copy editor friend or favorite English professor? These coasters are easy to make and are sure to be crowd pleasers no matter the recipient.
- Chalkboard Platter — For the hostess who has everything, this DIY chalkboard platter is great for the friend who loves entertaining.
- Embellished Spice Jars — These embellished jars and easy to make and customize. Even consider adding magnets to the back for easy, decorative storage.
- Typewriter Monogram Necklace — There’s not a word nerd I know who wouldn’t be excited to don one of these handcrafted monograms.
- Sharpie Coffee Mugs — This is probably one of my favorite DIY projects this year, simply because these mugs are so easy to customize and personalize. Who doesn’t need another coffee mug in their life?
- Clothespin Photo Board —A nice alternative to the traditional bulletin board, this photo board doubles as a decorative piece, perfect for displaying all of the festive holiday cards everyone on your list is sure to be receiving.