Do you represent a company, attraction, or brand that’s passionate about the open road? Is your destination home to a quirky “world’s largest” thing? Are you looking for a freelance writer to contribute to your travel publication? If so, I would love to find a way we can collaborate!
Olio in Iowa is a Midwest-based travel blog inspired by roadside attractions and “world’s largest” things. Founded in 2012 by Megan Bannister, Olio in Iowa focuses on offbeat travel destinations and the joys of roadtripping.
Let’s Work Together
I’m currently available for:
- Press trips to destinations offering unexpected locales, unique roadside attractions, and “world’s largest” things
- Guest blog posts
- Sponsored blog posts
- Product, hotel, or attraction reviews
- Social media campaigns or takeovers
- Freelance travel writing
Janesville Area Convention & Visitors Bureau | Kenosha Convention & Visitors Bureau | Meet Minneapolis | New Ulm Chamber of Commerce | Rockford Area Convention & Visitors Bureau | Roseville Visitors Association | Visit Beloit | Visit Saint Paul
- Regular contributor to Far & Wide since March 2018
- Travel Iowa: “10 Hidden Gems for a Shopping Getaway” [July 2018]
- Travel Iowa: “Shop Iowa’s Occasional Markets” [July 2018]
- Travel Iowa: “5 Places to Explore Along the Glacial Trail Scenic Byway” [October 2017]
- Travel Iowa: “Spend a Scenic Night at a Grain Bin Cabin” [October 2017]
- Travel Iowa: “Discovering Farm-to-Table Dining at Harvestville Farms” [August 2017]
Collaborations & Guest Posts
- Oh My Omaha: “Favorite Historic Hotels For Families In The U.S.” [August 2018]
- Dang Travelers: “11 Midwest Summer Festivals Worth Traveling For” [June 2018]
- Minivan Adventures: “Can’t Miss U.S. Roadside Attractions” [April 2018]
- Backroad Planet: “Instagram Stories for Travel Bloggers: A User’s Guide + 10 Essential Tips” [December 2017]
- Ems on the Road: “Breweries Worth the Trip According to 16 Travel & Beer Writers” [September 2017]
- Plains Safaris: Great Plains Symposium [April 2018]
Interested? Let’s Chat!
To discuss partnerships or request Olio in Iowa’s media kit, please contact me via the form below.